Here is your healthy shakshuka recipe!
- Diced Tomatoes 1 cup
- Cage free eggs 2 med. size
- Garlic 1 tbsp
- Kale 1 cup
- Spices: salt, pepper, oregano, basil
- Put diced tomatoes to pan, stir till blended.
- Add spices and garlic, stir well. Allow mixture to simmer over medium heat for 5-7 minutes till it starts to reduce.
- At this point, you can taste the mixture and spice it according to your preferences – add salt, pepper oregano and basil.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, directly over the tomato mixture, making sure to space them evenly over the sauce. I usually place 3-4 eggs around the outer edge and 1 in the center. The eggs will cook “over easy” style on top of the tomato sauce.
- Cover the pan. Allow mixture to simmer for 7-10 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked and the sauce has slightly reduced. Control the pan to make sure that the sauce doesn’t reduce too much – basically try to not burn it. 😉
- Put raw kale in a dish and cover with hot shakshuka.
Why I always choose cage free eggs? Because I belive that my choice matters! Be wise and read before you make your own http://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/how-to/organic-cage-free-natural-truth-behind-egg-chicken-labels-0158074/